Sunday, November 18, 2012

215 receive kidu


In addition to 200 citizenships, 15 scholarships were received 
Samtse College of Education: “I faced a lot of difficulty when I did not have a citizenship identity card, but now I feel secure,” Pema Wangmo, a second year trainee at the Samtse College of Education, said. 

After an audience with His Majesty the King on November 17, the 22-year-old held her head high, no longer burdened with the feeling of uncertainty, because of her dropped out census case. 

Pema Wangmo was among 15 students of Samtse College of Education, who were granted Citizenship Kidu by His Majesty, who is on a tour of the southern dzongkhags. 

“Up to class nine, I wasn’t that much concerned about CID but, as I grew older, the anxiety picked up,” Jeena Sinchuary, 19, who was among the group of 15 that received the Census Kidu, said. “I faced the most difficult time after completing class 12,” Jeena recalled. “I visited many government offices in Thimphu with my father, as I couldn’t register online for further studies.”

Her application was finally considered on the last day of online registration. “Having received a letter from immigration department, I’m in college today,” she said. 

His Majesty also granted scholarship kidu to 22 students as Gyalpoi Tozeys. In an audience with the students, His Majesty told the Gyalpoi Tozeys that he would take care of them, and that they should now focus on their education.

One of the beneficiaries was Sonam (name changed), a single mother of two children, who recently divorced her husband.  After studying further through the continuing education programme, she opted to join Samtse College of Education as a self -financing student.

“I couldn’t avail education loan, like other self-financing students, due to some reasons,” she said. “My sister and brother-in-law are helping to pay college fees, and I’ll pay them back after I complete my studies,” she said.

His Majesty granted kidu to 215 individuals on November 17.

His Majesty granted an audience to gups, who were given citizenship kidu kashos to deliver to 178 individuals from 92 households in the various gewogs.

In the evening, His Majesty invited student councillors from Samtse College of Education for tea.  The students presented an artwork to His Majesty.

Her Majesty the Gyaltsuen is accompanying His Majesty.
By Nima Wangdi, Samtse

No comments:

Post a Comment